SOUTH EAST EDMONTON RECREATION ASSOCIATION
COACH MENTORSHIP PROGRAM:
Coach mentoring services can be tailored to address the unique needs of an individual coach, group of coaches or an entire association. We use a variety of methods to optimize the results of the mentoring process and to help ensure that we are providing each coach the direction, support and resources that s/he requires. Coaches, just like players, have many questions and a desire to learn and grow within their chosen position.
How to deal with parent and/or player concerns.
How to effectively plan practices.
How to efficiently make use of ice time and space.
How to properly use assistants.
How to effectively teach skating, passing or shooting.
How to use progression to teach hockey skills and tactics, such as passing, shooting and puck handling.
Tony Orsini can help address these and many other questions that coaches have with respect to planning and running their hockey seasons and individual practices.
If you are a coach looking to increase your knowledge please contact Tony. You can arrange for him to come out to one of your practices, where you can shadow him and learn how to teach the skills and tactics.
KEY TEACHING POINTS, AREAS OF ASSISTANCE:
· Passing, both making and receiving, stationary, movement, lateral, multi-tasking
· Stickhandling , shooting, slap shot, wrist shot, snap shot, back hand, in tight flip shot
· Small group drills, Individual/team tactical elements, system work
· Flow Drills, Individual and team tactical drills, small area games
· Puck skills, developing game awareness, ice and gap awareness
· Play away from the puck, angling, stick and body awareness
· Defensive zone awareness, neutral zone, offensive zone entry, set up, attack triangle, mid drive, give and go, cycling, net drives, delays, PP, PK, faceoff set ups all 3 zones
· Puck protection, situational drills and games, defending
· Body checking, checking, battle drills, stick checks, board and open ice contact
Open to all teams in under the SEERA umbrella (SEERA, North SEERA and Millwoods).
SEERA will cover the costs associated with this program (ice and instruction).
Sessions are held at George Hughes (South Side Arena) on Thursdays 17:15 - 18:15 starting on October 6, 2016 and running through the season until March 17, 2017.
Contact SEERA's Development Director, Tony Orsini: email@example.com or 780-289-0487